Make sure to read Basic Information first. It contains information and frequently asked questions on features or terms that the game skimmed over.
- 1 General
- 2 Battle
- 3 Hero's Ring
General[edit | edit source]
Reroll[edit | edit source]
If you are just starting out, decide whether you want to reroll for good units or not. Rerolling is the process of resetting the game over and over in hope of getting good or favorite units from the limited summons you get early in game. While it's not necessary to enjoy most of the game with random units, you may get more enjoyment from doing harder content with stronger units, or maybe you just want to steamroll your enemies. See how to reroll.
When you are rerolling, ignore their rarity and look at the unit itself. They can be awakened to higher rarity in a relatively short time. Awakened unit and pulled unit of same rarity have no difference. Check unit list and unit rankings for comprehensive lists.
Priority[edit | edit source]
- Open the entire world by finishing the story and quests.
- Level up and awaken your units.
- Level up your rank.
- Do Colosseum or Arena as much as possible.
- Obtain and level up your Espers.
Energy[edit | edit source]
Your energy will fully recover once you rank up. Daily quests reward you with both energy and exp, and this energy can overflow above your maximum energy. However, if you rank up while getting the reward, it'll reset to your current maximum, wasting the energy reward. So, don't rank up from daily quests and always use up all energy before leveling up to the next rank.
Daily Quests[edit | edit source]
Available each day are five rotated quests plus one that requires completing 5 other quests for 50. The latter is one of the most consistent sources of free-to-play Lapis in the game.
You may check your daily quests status from the "Quest Report" on the home menu, and then click on "Daily Quests". You must claim rewards before the quests refresh (timer on top right corner of daily quest tab). An additional unique quest may be available during events which generally provides 5. Non-event quests are listed below:
|Daily Quests||Complete 5 daily quests||50||Not rotated. May reward 100 during campaign months.|
|Adventurer I||Clear 3 story quests|| Energy +5
|Any world dungeon will work except for exploration and esper battle.|
|Vortex Explorer I||Clear 3 vortex quests|| Energy +15
|Special Vortex quests count. Event may count, but generally not if there is an event-related daily.|
|Dungeon Crawler I||Clear 2 exploration quests|| Energy +10
|Esper battle will also count.|
|Summoner||Summon 1 unit||Energy +10||You can use Standard Summon or Arena Summon instead of Rare Summon|
|Crafter I||Craft 1 items of any type||1,500||-|
|Challenger I||Win 3 times in the colosseum||5||Colosseum and Arena are different. Only the Colosseum works.|
|Gifter I||Send gifts to 5 friends||500||You may send gifts on the friend menu. Sending gifts does not cost you anything.|
Free Lapis[edit | edit source]
- When you get a pop-up asking you to give a rating and review to the game, click them to get 100. You don't have to actually rate them to get it. It'll be sent to your inbox. While the pop-up might reappear, you can only get your reward once.
- Daily Login Rewards earn 50 or 100 a few times a month. You can check the daily rewards schedule from the home screen.
- You will get 100 once you rank up.
- Finishing daily quests every day earn 50. Event and the Colosseum quests earn 5 each.
- Participating 5 Arena matches daily will reward you 40, whether you win or lose.
- Finishing a dungeon in the story mode will reward you 100.
- Missions from a dungeon will give up to 50.
- Attaining Gold status for a Trophy will earn 500.
Lapis Usage[edit | edit source]
- Whether you plan to reroll or not, you should at least pull a couple summons with Lapis. Aside from the few main characters, Lapis summoned units have big advantages over free units. It helps you fill the party with decent units to start with; if you are lucky, you might get a top tier unit right away.
- Aside from initial pulls, you shouldn't pull until there are rate boost event for good units.
- If you are free-to-play, try to make sure you have enough Lapis for the half-price summon (for 250) everyday. Note that you are generally better off doing 20 summons at the discounted rate than saving up for a 10+1 pull at 5,000.
- Sooner or later your material slots need to be upgraded too. You can sell for excess materials, but keep at least 1 stack each before selling them off, and if it's still full, upgrade them.
- The rest of them; units, crafting, item, equipment, or abilities slots are in no immediate need to be upgraded.
Friend Points[edit | edit source]
Immediately after having access to friend list, change your friend gift preference to friend points. You can send gifts to all of your friend list, and they will also send you gifts according to your preference. Friend gifting is completely free and can be done every day. Add as many friends as you can, choose them from Friends > Add Friend.
Friend points are used to summon standard/free units. While they may be weaker than Lapis summoned units, some of them are good for various purposes. To get their Trust Master Reward you will have to fuse them up to 20 times, each one giving them 5% trust (meaning you will have to pull a unit a total of 21 times).
|Anastasis||Can use Cura. Should last until you get one of the main characters, Fina, as a healer replacement.|
|Paul||Can use Steal. Stronger than Eldin, another free unit with Steal.|
|Biggs||Can use Bio Blaster to poison.|
|Rizer||Can use Blade Bash to paralyze. Trust: HP +10%.|
|King Giott||Trust: Stone Killer. Boost damage against stone monsters by 50%.|
|Skaha||Trust: Dragon Killer. Boost damage against dragons by 50%.|
|Ollie||Trust: Aquan Killer. Boost damage against aquans by 50%.|
|Montana||Trust: Camouflage. Reduce chance of being targeted by 50%.|
|Kenyu||Trust: Raging Fist. Physical damage. 120% Skill modifier, ignores 25% DEF.|
|Carrie||Trust: Sunbeam. AoE Magic Damage. 120% Skill modifier, 30% Blind.|
Easy Money[edit | edit source]
Money isn't too important early on in this game. Not important enough to unlock Gil vortex for an entire day. If you need a chump change, do a standard summon with friend points, max out their level, and sell them off.
Hidden Items & Quests[edit | edit source]
Whenever you are exploring a new town or an exploration dungeon, check towns and explorations pages to obtain all of their hidden items and quests. While it might be fun to discover them yourselves, it's very difficult to keep track of them, and some of them are really hard to find. Many quests require you to defeat monsters in subsequent dungeon, saving you energy by obtaining all quests beforehand.
Battle[edit | edit source]
Vortex of Desires[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Vortex of Desires
You will unlock the Vortex very early in the story. It can be accessed from the home menu. Vortex of Desires is a special dungeon with multiple chambers. One chamber can be unlocked for free per day, while the rest can be opened with 100 each. It's generally not a good idea to use your Lapis for these unlocks.
When you unlock one or more vortex, it will show the timer to indicate when will the vortex be locked. The timer itself didn't start when you unlock it. Instead, every Vortex will be locked at 00:00 PST.
- Chamber of Creation: Drops crafting materials. Not recommended. It’s better to head to the material list, find the one you need and look for the monsters that drop it.
- Chamber of Awakening: Drops awakening materials used to increase the rarity of the units. If you are looking for Sacred Crystal then INT is your best bet, while Holy Crystal drops more on ADV. Otherwise use the material list to find specific material drops.
- Chamber of Experience: Gives large unit experience. The amount of experience is generally much larger than the one found in the story dungeons. Recommended to use for leveling your unit.
- Chamber of Riches: Gives you gil. Highly not recommended, use the easy money trick above instead.
Status Ailments[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Status Ailments
Many bosses can be cheesed by using status ailments. The notable status ailments are paralyze, sleep, and poison. Paralyze and sleep will stop any enemy's action for 2-3 turns, but any physical damage will wake up slept monster. Poison deals 10% HP damage per turn and combined with stopping effects, can deal significant damage to difficult bosses with a lot of HP.
Friend List[edit | edit source]
Your friend list from the game can store 30 peoples by default. Your facebook friends have the different list with friend list from the game. You can see your facebook friends unit in Friends > Facebook Invite.
If you are trying to use a certain friend unit but it doesn't appear on the list, you can restart the game to reset the list. Friends who have been used do not show up again for about 3 hours.
Maximize Efficiency[edit | edit source]
- Use Steal whenever possible. Especially against monsters in the Colosseum and bosses.
- Use Libra or Analyze on all monsters. It adds the full description of monsters in their library at Menu > Guide > Monsters. If you are obsessive enough you might want to complete them all.
- Use limit bursts, and esper summon whenever you can. See the Hero's Ring section below.
Hero's Ring[edit | edit source]
Hero's Ring is an accessory that increases your ATK and MAG by +10%, which is going to be useful for a very long time. It's one of the most widely used accessory in the game. It can be crafted using a recipe rewarded from completing 30 trophies, but it takes 72 hours to craft. Most of these trophies can be completed through normal play in just over 2 weeks, as long as you keep in mind some of the requirements, while some you have to grind for.
Easy Trophies[edit | edit source]
|Achievements||Soldier of Fortune||2||Awarded for 100000 gil obtained.|
|Achievements||Forger of Bonds||1||Awarded for 10000 friend points received.|
|Achievements||Awakening Adept||1||Awarded for 10 units awoken.|
|Achievements||Quest Champion||1||Awarded for 10 quests completed.|
|Achievements||Fabled Smith||1||Awarded for 10 equipment created.|
|Achievements||Divine Technician||1||Awarded for 10 abilities created.|
|Achievements||Peerless Chemist||1||Awarded for 10 items created.|
|Achievements||Generous Giver||1||Awarded for 10 gifts given.|
|Achievements||Person of Renown||1||Awarded for 10 gifts received.|
|Quest||Esteemed Explorer||1||Awarded for 10 explorations completed.|
|Quest||God of War||3||Awarded for 1000000 damage dealt.|
|Quest||Crushing Conqueror||2||Awarded for 10000 damage dealt in a single turn.|
|Quest||Archmage||2||Awarded for 1000 magic used.|
|Quest||Ability Master||2||Awarded for 1000 abilities used.|
|Quest||Limit Breaker||1||Awarded for 100 limit bursts used.|
|Quest||Legendary Thief||2||Awarded for 100 items stolen.|
|Colosseum||Storied Warrior||1||Awarded for 1000 colosseum points earned.|
|Colosseum||Noble Champion||1||Awarded for 100 colosseum victories.|
|Colosseum||Budding Gladiator||1||Awarded for 100 colosseum participation.|
That's 26 trophies you can get easily, just keep in mind the following:
- Ask for friend points as the friend gift.
- Use Steal as much as possible. You can use a friend or a standard unit if you don't have a good unit with it.
- Use limit bursts and esper summon whenever you can.
- Do Colosseum battles whenever you can. Try a lower ranked one if you are stuck on a higher ranked battle.
Recommended Trophies to Grind[edit | edit source]
|Achievements||Awakening Adept||2||Awarded for 30 units awoken.||Awakening up to twenty 1 from standard summon shouldn't be difficult. They are very easy to cap and awaken. It takes about 4000 exp to cap 1 from the scratch. Chamber of Experience - ADV gives about 30000 exp, and should be able to cap all 5 of them in a single battle. Use a strong friend unit that can solo the entire dungeon, like Exdeath, Terra, Firion, or Leo.|
|Achievements||Quest Champion||2||Awarded for 40 quests completed.||The total quests you can do with just access to Grandshelt Isles are 25 quests. Since the material needed to create Hero's Ring come from Lanzelt, doing their quests should be more than enough to fulfill this trophy.|
|Achievements||Peerless Chemist||2||Awarded for 100 items created.||You can spam craft either Potion to achieve this. It's cheap, and only takes 1 minute to craft. These potions will also be useful to complete item whiz trophy below.|
|Quest||Item Whiz||1||Awarded for 100 items used.||If you do choose the peerless chemist trophy to achieve then you should be able to clear this one easy. You have a limit on a number of items to bring per dungeon though, so you will need multiple runs.|
|Quest||Crushing Conqueror||3||Awarded for 300000 damage dealt in a single turn.||The boss of Earth Shrine - Exploration is very weak to magic. A capped mage should be able to deal 200-300k damage with a limit burst. Bring an excellent mage friend and you'll clear this one easy.|
|Quest||Supreme Evoker||1||Awarded for 100 espers summoned.||Two weeks of normal play will net you about 50 summons. Fastest way to get your summons up is by doing explorations and exhausting all random battles available. If you have Rydia, her limit burst makes this easy.|
|Quest||Ability Master||3||Awarded for 10000 abilities used.||If you have way too much time on your hand, and you have units with Chakra you can spam it forever in a single battle. It recovers your HP/MP back and you simply need to click repeat.|
|Quest||Limit Breaker||2||Awarded for 1000 limit bursts used.||Two weeks of normal play will net you about 500 limit bursts. Fastest way to get your limit bursts up is by doing explorations and exhausting all random battles available.|
Each of these give 1 additional trophy to the easy trophy list, so you will need to pick 4 trophies, or however many you left out.
Crafting Recipe[edit | edit source]
|Fire Megacryst (10)|
|Ice Megacryst (10)|
|Silver Ore (3)||Any exploration in Lanzelt|