Into the Abyss
Introduction[edit | edit source]
This is an exploration event which can be accessed from the Vortex. The exploration is using an extended version of Earth Shrine exploration, with all new chests, collection points, and monsters. You may find Phoenix Down, Star Quartz, and Elixir from chests, as well as recipes for Stonra Blade, Burst Shot, and HP +15%.
|Earth hybrid damage (1.4x) to one enemy|| Earth Megacryst (24)
Elemental Tear (13)
Broken Blade (18)
Hard Pebble (18)
|Physical damage (1x) with critical (100%) to one enemy|| Fire Cryst (10)
Ice Cryst (10)
Silver Ore (10)
Hard Pebble (5)
|HP +15%|| Light Megacryst (27)
Tough Scale (16)
Dragon Scale (13)
Pure Stone (20)
Guide[edit | edit source]
Both Golden Bomb and Ainsel appear in a fixed location. You can start the fight by touching the sparkling spot (see the map below). They may drop 0-2 unique mats when defeated, and the drop rate is pretty high, but if you have maxed Locke it might be a good idea to bring him in. Golden Bomb drops unique material for Stonra Blade and Burst Shot, Hard Pebble, while Ainsel drops unique material for HP +15%, Pure Stone.
Both bosses, plus the dungeon boss, Belmodar, are pretty tough, but can be easily beaten with a party of good 5 units. If you have a weaker team, or non-maxed units, you should take extra precaution.
- Golden Bomb can explode for a massive damage. Use Barfira, Focus or Full Break to mitigate the damage.
- Ainsel spams Aeroga but sometimes uses Watera/Thundara. Use Focus or Full Break to mitigate the damage.
- Belmodar spams thunder-element AoE, if you use physical attacks. Use Barthundara or Focus to mitigate the damage or use only non-physical attacks. If you don't use physical attacks they use Charge, which is a weak single target attack. They are also susceptible to paralysis.
- The boss fight against Belmodar is against three of them. If you are unable to kill some of them on the first turn, it's likely that you will be wiped out when they chain AoE.
- Many monsters can poison your unit. Bring Antidote or Poisona.
- Bring a Tent and restore your HP/MP before a tough boss. Tent cannot revive fallen unit.
EXP Guide[edit | edit source]
The dungeon itself gives a very large amount of experience. So if you have a team of fully maxed units, you may substitute one or two for a lower leveled unit. If you are lucky enough, you may also encounter Metal Gigantuar and King Gil Snapper.
In order to gain the maximum amount of experience points possible, you must win all monster encounters available until obtaining a certain amount of gil from each of the two zones. You can open the menu to keep track of the amount of gil you obtained from the dungeon. Because the amount of gil you can earn is more fixed than the monsters and encounters available, the amount of gil will indicate your progress in defeating all available monster encounters. 
Defeat all monsters, including the Golden Bomb, in Zone 1, which consists of the first two screens. Once you obtain 4,048 gil from Zone 1, you may proceed to defeat all monsters, including Ainsel, in Zone 2, which consists of the second and final screen. By the end of all possible encounters, you should have earned 8,180 gil, and after winning the boss encounter (Belmodar x3), you conclude the dungeon exploration with a total of 8,610 gil and 75,992 EXP (the total amount can vary slightly, depending if you encountered Metal Gigantuar or King Gil Snapper).
Treasures[edit | edit source]
|1||Recipe for Burst Shot|
|4||Recipe for Stonra Blade|
|5||Recipe for HP +15%|
| Iron Ore|
Battle Info[edit | edit source]
|Status Ailment Resistance|
|Status Ailment Resistance|
Availability[edit | edit source]
- August 19, 2016 - September 2, 2016.