Ancient Ruins Level 2
Overview[edit | edit source]
This exploration is part of an extensive Madam's Manor quest.
How to Unlock[edit | edit source]
- Collect and turn in all of the Sectored Circle - Blue.
Map[edit | edit source]
|2||Star Quartz (8)|
|1||Star Quartz (8)|
|4||Star Quartz (8)|
|1||Wolf Mask - recipe|
|2||Star Quartz (8)|
|3||Star Quartz (8)|
Battle Info[edit | edit source]
|Difficulty||Energy||Battle||Gil||Unit XP||Rank XP||Clear Reward|
|Complete the quest||100|
|Lexa in party (Companion included)||Star Quartz (3)|
|Evoke Carbuncle||Water Megacryst (10)|
|Defeat Undine||Azure Gem|
Pearl of Wisdom
Scripture of Time
Seed of Life
Talmonite of Life
Boss Info[edit | edit source]
The first time you encounter the boss, it will let you pass. You will clear the exploration but the mission to defeat the boss can only be done on repeat run. Currently, the reward for defeating the boss yourself has no purpose.
|Undine No. 158|
|Status Ailment Resistance|
|Immune to DEF/MAG/SPR break. Vulnerable to ATK break.|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Water1: Water magic damage (1.2x) to one enemy.
- Water2: Water magic damage (1.4x) to one enemy.
- Water3: Water magic damage (1.6x) to one enemy.
- Water4: Water magic damage (70x) to caster.
- Watera: Water magic damage (1.2x) to all enemies.
- Flood: Water magic damage (1.5x) to all enemies. Decrease water resistance (75%) and lightning resistance (100%) for 3 turns to all enemies.
- Dark: Dark magic damage (1.2x) to one enemy.
- Flowing Waters: Decrease water resistance (60%) and lightning resistance (100%) for 1 turn to all enemies. Decrease lightning resistance (100%) for 3 turns to caster. Mitigate physical damage taken (100%) for 1 turn to caster. Cannot be dispelled
- It's partially frozen!: No effect
- It has thawed...: No effect
- Cold Shower: Decrease water resistance (60%) and lightning resistance (100%) for 1 turn to all enemies. Decrease lightning resistance (100%) for 3 turns to caster. Deal fixed damage (110) to all enemies.
- Water Shot: Physical damage (0.8x) to all enemies.
- Water Orb: Magic attack with fixed damage.
See the mechanics page. Fixed* damage (1000) to one enemy. Decrease water resistance (200%) for 3 turns to one enemy.
- Paralyzing Madness: Water magic damage (1.2x) to all enemies. Inflict paralyze and confusion (50%) to all enemies.
- Deadly Stagnant Waters: Inflict stop (30%) for 2 turns on one enemy. Instant KO (15%) to one enemy. Water magic damage (0.8x) to one enemy.
- Cycling Current: Increase SPR (40%) for 5 turns to caster.
- Anti-static cells created.: No effect
- Anti-static cells lost.: No effect
- Shocks received have been saved.: No effect
- Thunder: Lightning magic damage (100x) to one enemy.
- Thundaga: Lightning magic damage (1x) to all enemies.
- Thundaja: Lightning magic damage (50x) to all enemies.
- Water Splash: Water physical damage (0.4x) to one enemy. Decrease water resistance (200%) for 3 turns to one enemy.
Attack Pattern[edit | edit source]
Map Tips[edit | edit source]
- See testimonials and discussions.
- Each floor does not have a mini-map until its respective tablet is examined.
- Random fights are quite difficult and may include pre-emptive attacks - bring a strong team including a source of MP recovery.
- Random enemies, including those with innate resistances to a certain category of attacks, are still vulnerable to status ailments. Any unit with Toxic Rain, Rikku's Pouch, Noctis with his Fire Flask, Ling with her Dance of Death, etc. can trivialize a great deal of the dungeon.
- Tips for specific enemies:
- Argostoli: Immune to all status ailments. Takes 1 HP of damage per hit (chain modifiers still apply), but can be defeated with fixed damage abilities and items (e.g. White Fang), or high hit count abilities.
- Wrigglewater: Immune to all status ailments. Has a 300% lightning weakness.
- Adamandelion: Immune to all status ailments except poison (80% resistance).
- The boss is much harder than typical world bosses. With difficulty reaching upper trial level, approximately 8-10★.
- As of right now, the reward for beating the boss is a bragging right, as Azure Gem serves no purpose.
- It is recommended to take Lexa into your party on your first run because you are not required to defeat Undine on first clear.
- Floor 8 directions:
- Step 1: In alphabetical order, go from A to L. Investigate when prompted.
- Step 2: For the first question (A), speak to Lexa, choose the "center door" option as based on "high probability."
- Step 3: For the second question (E), speak to Lexa to learn about number. Speak to Egul, choose the "Next Page" option and select "All of them."
- Step 4: Activate the switches. (F)
- Step 5: For the third option (G), speak to Madam to learn about debt and money. Speak to Egul, choose the "The tavern master" option.
- Step 6: Activate the switch.
- Step 7: Collect the glowing butterfly in D - H - I order
- Step 8: Go to C area and enter J area. Read the 2 tablets and open the chest
- Step 9: Go to K and L place. Then proceed to next floor
- Make sure you step on the magic circle on Floor 10, which will activate 2-way teleportation to Floor 6. This will help you to bypass all encounters before you fight Undine later.
Boss Tips[edit | edit source]
- Undine will counter lightning attacks with a powerful thunder attack, based on the damage type. Physical attacks are met with a single thunder attack to one of the attacking units, regardless of how many attacked. Magic attacks are met with an AoE thundaga attack. A combination of both is met with a powerful thundaja attack. All counters are considered magic attacks and can be reflected by using Carbuncle's summon magic or any other source of reflect. This can deal great amounts of damage because of its own weakness to lightning element.
- Undine will become immune to physical attacks after the first turn. This can be negated by using ice magic damage, which will render Undine vulnerable to physical attack for two turns.
- From 100% to 50%, Undine will use AoE physical attacks and single-target water magic. Below 50%, Undine adds single-target dark magic and AoE water magic. Killing Undine from above 50% makes the fight significantly easier. This is easy to accomplish with a powerful lightning finisher and two lightning-equipped chainers.
References[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
|Elegantique||Olive's version||Aria, Awakened Rain, Garnet, Maritime Strategist Nichol, Verun, Friend: Olive||YouTube|
|Elegantique||Lightning Returns||Aria, Garnet, Lightning, Maritime Strategist Nichol, Verun, Friend: Awakened Rain||YouTube|
|Jason Gaming||Undine||Meliadoul, Beach Time Fina, Soleil, Mystea, Yuna Friend: 7* Olive||YouTube|
|svensufei||OTK||Zargabaath, Ace, Randi, Olive, Ayaka, Friend: Olive||YouTube|
|JaganX||Boss Fight||Basch, Maritime Strategist Nichol, Lotus Mage Fina, Hyoh, Awakened Rain, Friend: Hyoh||YouTube|
|David Aka Aztek||AMC + Guide||Ace, Cg Nichol, Hyoh, Rosa, Cg Lid
|dark_messenger||OTK (One Turn Kill) with Guide||Desch, Knight Delita, Zargabaath, Cloud, Olive
|World of Paladia|