Attack of the 2-Headed Dragon
Battle Info[edit | edit source]
|Energy||Battle||Gil||Unit Exp||Rank Exp||Clear Reward|
|Complete the quest||20|
|Party of 5 or less (Companion included)||10|
|Defeat the 2-Headed Dragon with an esper||10|
|Clear without an ally being KO'd||10|
|2-Headed Dragon||Light Cryst|
2-Headed Dragon[edit | edit source]
|Status Ailment Resistance|
|Immune to Breaks, Gravity and Death.|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Up to 3 actions per turn
- Headrush - Physical damage (2.3x) and Paralyze (50%) for 1 turn to one unit
- Magic Bite - Physical damage (2x), decrease MAG/SPR (50%) for 3 turns, and silence (30%) for 1 turn to one unit
- Double Break Breath - Fire and ice magic damage (2.1x) and decrease ATK/DEF (50%) for 3 turns to all units
- Store (previously known, or regionally known as Boost) - Use Release next turn
- Release - Magic damage (4x) and Blind, silence (100%) to all units
- Swallow - Death (100%) to one unit
- Dragon's Voice - Decrease ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (100%) for 999 turns to all units
Triggers[edit | edit source]
- Will trigger Dragon's Voice when you deal ability damage.
- Will trigger Swallow (instant death) to 4 units on even turn when you deal magic damage on that same turn.
- Will trigger Swallow (instant death) to 1 unit every 5 turns.
- After you reach 80%/60%/40%/20% HP threshold, will trigger Store, and then Release on the next turn.
- If Swallow and Release are set to be used on the same turn, Release will get precedence and Swallow won't be used. This means you have to pass one of the HP threshholds on turn 4, 9, 14, 19, etc.
- 30% Chance to use Headrush, 20% Chance to use Magic Bite, 35% Chance to use Double Break Breath. Only one of the three can be used per turn.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Unless you can kill it in one turn, using any ability damage will most likely result in a wipe. Noctis can use Point-Warp if he is the only party member alive without Dragon's Voice going off.
- Be aware that some counter abilities such as Winter Palisade will trigger Dragon's Voice on the next turn. Countering with regular attacks (Counter) is safe however.
- You may deal magic damage only on odd turns (1, 3, 5,...), otherwise 4 of your units will die.
- Supporting magic or ability can be used, but the only means to deal damage safely is to use regular attacks or limit bursts.
- Tilith can use Affectionate Aura to negate Dragon's Voice, allowing party members to use damaging abilities without suffering from the debuff.
- Two-Hit Combo from Aurora Scarf or Twin Lance can be used to double your regular attack.
- Dual Wield will also double your action, stacks with Two-Hit Combo, resulting in quadruple attacks.
- You can't avoid instant death every 5 turns, bring Phoenix Down or a revival-type ability.
- Guard when it's trying to use Release.
- Clear without death is one of the missions, so you need to either time Release on 5th turn or kill it before that.
- Keep farming FP to get the Dragon Killer passive!
Videos[edit | edit source]
To be able to add an external link, you need to contribute by editing 3 or more times.
|FFBE KING||FTP||Cecil, CoD, Bartz, Chizuru, Lenna, Friend Lightning||YouTube|
|guide4gamers||Preparation Guide and Recommended Characters||YouTube|
|guide4gamers||Strategy Guide 5-man clear||Luneth, CoD, Refia, Cecil, and Charlotte||YouTube|
|VisitantePEI||F2P||Cecil, WoL, Refia, CoD, DK Cecil, Friend Gilgamesh||YouTube|
|Odin181||F2P No TMR with notes||Maxwell, Cecil, CoD, Bartz, Refia, 623 ATK Luneth||YouTube|
|Buffie||5-man clear||Bartz, WoL, CoD, Refia: Friend Lightning||YouTube|
|claudius415||F2P/No TMR/No Whale 5-man clear||Charlotte, Snow, COD, Refia, Krille||YouTube|
|GL_Leing||No TMR/No Whale/No Tank/6-man||CoD, Elza, Lightning, Krile, Lenna, Friend: Noctis||YouTube|
|Mav||Refia MVP||Noctis, Cecil, Ling, Refia, Exodeath, Friend Noctis||YouTube|
|Elegantique||4 Missions Guide||Units: Cecil, Ling, Minfilia, Y'shtola, Friend: Orlandeau||YouTube|
|kaltric||2 Missions||Units: Orlandeau, Snow, Queen, Y'shtola, Cecil, Friend: Noctis||YouTube|