Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki

Explosion of Needles

Explosion of Needles

Overview[edit | edit source]

Battle Info[edit | edit source]

Explosion of Needles - ADV[edit | edit source]

Difficulty Energy Battle Gil Unit XP Rank XP Clear Reward
118 10 1 1305 5000 600 Icon-Phoenix Down.pngPhoenix Down
Mission
Complete the quest Lapis30
Use no more than 10 items 1-star★ Trust Moogle
Use magic Icon-Screamroot.pngScreamroot (3)
Defeat the gargantuan gigantuar's party within 10 turns Icon-Sacred Crystal.pngSacred Crystal (5)
Boss
Gargantuan Gigantuar

Explosion of Needles - PRO[edit | edit source]

Difficulty Energy Battle Gil Unit XP Rank XP Clear Reward
134 10 1 2155 10000 750 Icon-Elixir.pngElixir
Mission
Complete the quest Lapis50
Use no more than 5 items 4-star★ Trust Moogle
Use a limit burst Icon-Star Quartz.pngStar Quartz (3)
Defeat the gargantuan gigantuar's party within 15 turns Burst Pot
Boss
Gargantuan Gigantuar

Explosion of Needles - ELT[edit | edit source]

Difficulty Energy Battle Gil Unit XP Rank XP Clear Reward
265 10 1 2000 Lapis100
Mission
Complete the quest Icon-Gigantuar's Mustache.pngGigantuar's Mustache
Use no more than 3 items 5-star★ Trust Moogle
Defeat the gargantuan gigantuar's party within 20 turns Run AwayRun Away
Defeat a gargantuan gigantuar with an esper 10000 Needles10000 Needles
Boss
Gargantuan Gigantuar

Gargantuan Gigantuar[edit | edit source]

Gargantuan Gigantuar No. 1793
Race Plant

Gargantuan Gigantuar

Level 99
HP 250,000,000
MP 111,111
ATK 1,500 + 900
DEF 2,200 + 1,320
MAG 1,111 + 667
SPR 1,800 + 1,080
Element Resistance
Fire Resistance Ice Resistance Lightning Resistance Water Resistance Wind Resistance Earth Resistance Light Resistance Dark Resistance
+30% +30% +30% +30% +30% +30% +30% +30%
Status Ailment Resistance
Poison Resistance Blind Resistance Sleep Resistance Silence Resistance Paralysis Resistance Confuse Resistance Disease Resistance Petrification Resistance
null null null null null null null null
Other Resistance
Vulnerable to ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR break.

Abilities[edit | edit source]

Name Effect Target ATK DMG Element
Forward Fall

Physical damage (8x) to all enemies

AoE Physical
Knockdown

No Cover.png Physical damage (20x) to all enemies

AoE Physical
1000 Needles

Fixed* damage (1,000) to one enemy

ST Physical Fixed
10000 Needles

No Provoke.pngNo Cover.png Fixed* damage (10,000) to one enemy

ST Physical Fixed
1 Million Needles - Bullseye (1)

No Provoke.png Fixed damage (1,000,000) to one enemy

ST Fixed
1 Million Needles - Bullseye (2)

Fixed damage (1,000,000) to all enemies

AoE Fixed
Dazers

Remove resistances to paralyze for 1 turn from one enemy
Icon-Paralysis Resistance.png Inflict paralyze (100%) to one enemy

ST
Super Dazers

Remove resistances to paralyze for 1 turn from one enemy
Icon-Paralysis Resistance.png Inflict paralyze (100%) to one enemy
Icon-Stop Status.png Inflict stop (100%) for 3 turns to one enemy

ST
It locked on a target.

No Provoke.png Remove resistances to disease for 1 turn from one enemy
No Provoke.pngIcon-Disease Resistance.png Inflict disease (100%) to one enemy
No Provoke.png Remove all buffs and debuffs from one enemy

ST
Photosynthesis

Restore 3-8% HP to caster

Caster
Super Photosynthesis

Restore 10-15% HP to caster

Caster
Its balance was broken.

No effect

It stumbled on a rock.

No effect

A hornet flew near. (1)

Summon Hornet (A)

A hornet flew near. (2)

Summon Hornet (B)

A hornet flew near. (3)

Summon Hornet (C)

Final Attack

No effect

Thresholds[edit | edit source]

  • Pre-Emptive:
    • A hornet flew near. (1)
    • A hornet flew near. (2)
    • A hornet flew near. (3)
    • Ends Turn
  • When killed:
    • Final Attack
    • 1 Million Needles - Bullseye (2)
    • Dies
  • 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%: (max 1/turn)
    • At end of round: It locked on a target.
    • Next turn, at end of round:
      • If a unit is diseased: 1 Million Needles - Bullseye (1) on Diseased unit
      • Otherwise: 1 Million Needles - Bullseye (1) on Random unit

Attack Pattern[edit | edit source]

  • At the end of its turn:
    • On turns 4, 9, ..., 5n - 1:
      • Super Photosynthesis if Hornet (B) is still alive, Photosynthesis otherwise
    • On turns 2, 5, ..., 3n - 1:
      • If Hornet (A) is alive:
        • 53% chance of Its balance was broken.
        • Otherwise, It stumbled on a rock.
      • If Hornet (A) is dead:
        • It stumbled on a rock.
  • If any hornet is dead, re-summons that hornet every...
    • 3 turns if above 40% HP
    • 2 turns if under 40% HP
  • If Its balance was broken. was used last turn:
    • Knockdown
  • If It stumbled on a rock. was used last turn:
    • Forward Fall
  • 4 casts of 1000 Needles
  • On turns 1, 3, ... 2n - 1:
    • Above 70% HP: 10000 Needles
    • Under 70% HP: 10000 Needles x2
    • Under 40% HP: 10000 Needles x3
  • On turns 2, 5, ..., 3n - 1:
      • Super Dazers if Hornet (C) is alive, Dazers otherwise
  • Remaining actions are normal attacks

Hornet (A)[edit | edit source]

Hornet (A) No. 1794
Race Insect

Hornet (A)

Level 99
HP 45,000,000
MP 88,888
ATK 1,000 + 600
DEF 1,500 + 900
MAG 1,500 + 900
SPR 1,150 + 690
Element Resistance
Fire Resistance Ice Resistance Lightning Resistance Water Resistance Wind Resistance Earth Resistance Light Resistance Dark Resistance
- -30% - - - - - -
Status Ailment Resistance
Poison Resistance Blind Resistance Sleep Resistance Silence Resistance Paralysis Resistance Confuse Resistance Disease Resistance Petrification Resistance
null null null null null null null null
Other Resistance
Vulnerable to ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR break.

Abilities[edit | edit source]

Name Effect Target ATK DMG Element
Sudden-Death Stinger

Ability 38.png Inflict death (100%) to one enemy.

ST
Magic Flap

Magic damage (15x) to one enemy.

ST Magic
Magic Stinger

Magic damage (4x) to one enemy.

ST Magic

Attack Pattern[edit | edit source]

  • If Gigantuar is alive, only acts on turns 2, 5, ..., 3n - 1, and guards on other turns. Otherwise, acts every turn
  • 47% chance of Sudden-Death Stinger, or 53% chance of Magic Flap
  • Remaining actions are Magic Stinger (3x if Gigantuar is alive, 5x if Gigantuar is dead)

Hornet (B)[edit | edit source]

Hornet (B) No. 1795
Race Insect

Hornet (B)

Level 99
HP 45,000,000
MP 88,888
ATK 1,000 + 600
DEF 1,500 + 900
MAG 1,500 + 900
SPR 1,150 + 690
Element Resistance
Fire Resistance Ice Resistance Lightning Resistance Water Resistance Wind Resistance Earth Resistance Light Resistance Dark Resistance
- - - - - -30% - -
Status Ailment Resistance
Poison Resistance Blind Resistance Sleep Resistance Silence Resistance Paralysis Resistance Confuse Resistance Disease Resistance Petrification Resistance
null null null null null null null null
Other Resistance
Vulnerable to ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR break.

Abilities[edit | edit source]

Name Effect Target ATK DMG Element
Honey Spray

Restore HP (8,880,000) to all allies.

Allies
Hardening Pheromone Spray

Mitigate physical and magic damage taken (35%) for 2 turns to all allies.

Allies
Magic Stinger

Magic damage (4x) to one enemy.

ST Magic

Attack Pattern[edit | edit source]

  • If Gigantuar is alive, only acts on turns 3, 6, ..., 3n, and guards on other turns. Otherwise, acts every turn
  • 47% chance of Honey Spray, or 53% chance of Hardening Pheromone Spray
  • Remaining actions are Magic Stinger (3x if Gigantuar is alive, 5x if Gigantuar is dead)

Hornet (C)[edit | edit source]

Hornet (C) No. 1796
Race Insect

Hornet (C)

Level 99
HP 45,000,000
MP 88,888
ATK 1,000 + 600
DEF 1,500 + 900
MAG 1,500 + 900
SPR 1,150 + 690
Element Resistance
Fire Resistance Ice Resistance Lightning Resistance Water Resistance Wind Resistance Earth Resistance Light Resistance Dark Resistance
- - -30% - - - - -
Status Ailment Resistance
Poison Resistance Blind Resistance Sleep Resistance Silence Resistance Paralysis Resistance Confuse Resistance Disease Resistance Petrification Resistance
null null null null null null null null
Other Resistance
Vulnerable to ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR break.

Abilities[edit | edit source]

Name Effect Target ATK DMG Element
Super Poison Sting

Remove resistance to poison for 1 turn from one enemy.
Icon-Poison Resistance.png Inflict poison (100%) to one enemy.
Remove all buffs and debuffs from one enemy.

ST
Softening Pheromone Spray

Reduce DEF/SPR (20%) for 3 turns to all enemies.

AoE
Magic Needle

Magic damage (4x) to one enemy.

ST Magic

Attack Pattern[edit | edit source]

  • If Gigantuar is alive, only acts on turns 1, 4, ..., 3n - 2, and guards on other turns. Otherwise, acts every turn
  • 47% chance of Super Poison Sting, or 53% chance of Softening Pheromone Spray
  • Remaining actions are Magic Needle (3x if Gigantuar is alive, 5x if Gigantuar is dead)

Quick Summary[edit | edit source]

  • ST magic, physical fixed-damage attacks (can be provoked and evaded), and AoE physical attacks are used throughout the fight
  • When killed, Gigantuar locks at 0% HP, uses 1 Million Needles - Bullseye (2) next turn, and dies
  • On thresholds, will dispel and imperil & apply Icon-Disease Resistance.png on a random target. Next turn, will use 1 Million Needles - Bullseye (1) on the first diseased target, or a random target if no party members are diseased
  • ST Icon-Paralysis Resistance.pngIcon-Stop Status.pngIcon-Poison Resistance.pngAbility 38.png are used. The attack that applies Icon-Paralysis Resistance.png also imperils Icon-Paralysis Resistance.png resistance
  • Hornets will attack all at once if the Gigantuar is dead. This will happen after the Gigantuar's 1 Million Needles - Bullseye (2)

Tips[edit | edit source]

References[edit | edit source]

Videos[edit | edit source]

To be able to add an external link, you need to contribute by editing 3 or more times.
Username Description Units Link
Sinzar All Missions Paladin Cecil, Doctor Aiden, Lunafreya, Rikku (FFX-2), Crown Prince Noctis, Friend: Crown Prince Noctis YouTube
SinB All Missions 1TKO Lunafreya, Infernal Fire Rain, Karten, Emperor Foo, Rikku (FFX-2), Friend: Karten YouTube
Jason Gaming All Missions Warrior of Dawn Galuf, Paladin Cecil, Elephim, Warrior of Light Lenna, Cloud (FFVII: AC) Friend: Cloud (FFVII: AC) YouTube
Spdy Gaming 9TK to make Cactuar Satay Cid, Warrior of Dawn Galuf, Nagi, Elephim, Lotus Mage Fina, Friend: Nagi YouTube
Raph1e All Missions | 2 Turns Summer Fina & Lid, Sylvie, Mastermind Xon, Xuan Wu & Qing Long, Lunafreya, Friend: Xuan Wu & Qing Long YouTube
Osiel 2 Turnos Todas las Misiones Kryla, Mastermind Xon, Xuan Wu & Qing Long, Yuri, Lunafreya, Friend: Xuan Wu & Qing Long YouTube
Jason Gaming All Missoins Warrior of Dawn Galuf, Paladin Cecil, Elephim, Warrior of Light Lenna, Aldore King Rain Friend: Aldore King Rain YouTube
[ES] Edward Thatch All missions Warrior of Dawn Galuf, Warrior of Light Lenna, Xuan Wu & Qing Long, Lucas, Rikku (FFX-2), friend Xuan Wu & Qing Long YouTube
[FR]ReiAyanamiTV All Missions Awakened Warrior of Light, Paladin Cecil, Elephim, Warrior of Light Lenna , Aldore King Rain, Friend: Aldore King Rain YouTube
Daigono TV All Missions Sacred Shield Charlotte, Doctor Aiden, Rikku (FFX-2), Crown Prince Noctis, Aldore King Rain, Friend: Aldore King Rain YouTube
Alkatrev All Missions Sylvie, Mystina, Lezard Valeth, Kimahri, Agent Olive YouTube
Flip_Method All Missions Adventurer Locke, Medius, Warrior of Light Lenna, Lezard Valeth, Lucas Friend: Lezard Valeth YouTube
TriHard7 Blind Run , AC cloud debut Cloud (FFVII: AC), Paladin Cecil, Elephim, Warrior of Light Lenna , Aldore King Rain, Friend: Aldore King Rain YouTube
Giorgio Kazma Todas las Misiones Sieghard, Paladin Cecil, Folka, Summer Fina & Lid, Dark Spirit Sol, Friend: Dark Spirit Sol YouTube
Spdy Gaming 3TK without tanker Cid, Sylvie, Nagi, Lunafreya, Lotus Mage Fina, Friend: Xuan Wu & Qing Long YouTube
dark_messenger All Missions feat. Aldore King Rain Paladin Cecil, Kimahri, Elephim, Aldore King Rain, Lotus Mage Fina, Friend: Aldore King Rain YouTube
dark_messenger All Missions feat. Lezard Valeth Paladin Cecil, Kimahri, Elephim, Lezard Valeth, Lotus Mage Fina, Friend: Lezard Valeth YouTube
jeshjush All Missions Warrior of Dawn Galuf, Lightning (FFXIII-2), Sylvie, Warrior of Light Lenna, Rakish Thief Zidane Own unit: Untamed Wolf Edel Youtube