Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki:Contributor Central
Discuss about anything related to the wiki in the Discord channel. Note: #exviuswiki channel is for the wiki discussion. You may use #global-discussion for anything else related to the game. This Discord is maintained by the /r/FFBraveExvius Reddit moderators.
- Sign your post with
--~~~~or click the signature button at the top of the edit box.
- Indent your reply with
:for easier readability.
- For specific in-game discussion, use their own talk page instead.
|Username||Role||Other handler||Contact preference||Notes|
|Reddit: Cysidus||Wise metal slime|
|Abe||Administrator||Discord: Abelitro#1476||-||Super mega cool dude|
|Dan||Administrator||-||-||Should you pull...|
|Dennista||Administrator||Discord: TheDennista#0431||-||Silently watching|
|Umuzu||Administrator||Discord: Umuzu#8151||-||The Ancient One|
|Zyga||Administrator||Discord: Zyga#3919||Discord||Tough love wiki mom|
Administrator Role[edit source]
- Actively contribute to the development of the wiki.
- Be active on the discussion pertaining to the wiki in the Discord channel.
- Maintain the integrity of the wiki by enforcing the rules and patrolling edits.
- Having good grasp of the wiki and the game.
Unit Rater[edit source]
Special Thanks[edit source]
- Members of /r/FFBraveExvius moderator, for their help in data mining game info and moderating the community:
- Members of Elite Users group, an elevated group rights for people who have contributed above and beyond:
Editing Policy[edit source]
- Be civil. No inappropriate behavior such as vulgar language, vandalism, and edit wars are allowed.
- Edit from a neutral point of view backed with facts. Exception when appropriate, such as guides, rating, and discussion.
- Macro may be mentioned, but not discussed in-depth. Hacking or modding is strictly forbidden.
- You are allowed to edit your own user page within limit. User talk page is for other user to communicate with you.
- No personal image or file upload.
- Your edit might be changed/moved/removed without notice.
Editing Guide[edit source]
Common mistakes[edit source]
- Adding double spaces or line spaces
- Changing ability effect/description, see Mass-replace section below
- Changing the unit race to their native game race instead of Brave Exvius' in-game race
- Wrong value for learned abilities minimum rarity. Minimum rarity means the ability can be learned at higher rarity
- Wrong enemy's ability damage type (physical/magical). Elemental damage might not be magical. Their visual can be highly misleading
- Wrong proc information due to Arena / Colosseum random number generator's seed bug
- When posting a discussion, sign your post with
--~~~~or click the signature button.
- Indent your reply with
:for easier readability.
Manually editing any type of content with multiple occurrences should be avoided. This includes ability short description. Instead you should request it on requests page. Once it's approved an admin can mass-replace them.
- You may add your video content in the appropriate section at the end of the article.
- You are allowed to insert your name as well as a meaningful description.
- Always add your video at the bottom of the table below everyone else.
- If the page does not use the new format (below), copy it and add the previous videos in it (you do not need to search for the authors names)
|TheDennista||F2P, Full TMR, 1/4 missions||5x Shadow + Orlandeau Friend||YouTube|
Adding a new type of content[edit source]
If you want to add something that is not covered anywhere else, please discuss it first with the administration. See above for the Discord link. The content will have to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Useful - Majority of the people will benefit from the information
- Consistent - The look and feel conform to the rest of the site
- Scalable - Little to no edit required after the game content updates
- Simple - Very easy to follow and does not cause information chaos
Content Update[edit source]
Every time the game updates, a chain of update have to be added to reflect the updated content.
- Add unit page
- Add ability pages
- Add a new page for their trust master reward
- Update Unit List
- Update Template:Sprite
- Update Template:Unit Navbox
- Update the unit's trust master reward on relevant item category page
- Update the unit's learned abilities on existing ability pages
- Update the unit's awakening materials on existing item pages
- Update the unit's equippable weapons on Category:Weapons subcategories
- Update the unit's equippable armors on Category:Armors subcategories
- Rate the unit on Unit Rankings
- Rate the trust master reward on Trust Master Reward
File upload[edit source]
- For easy uploading, click on the green arrow button on the toolbox
- Naming usually starts with
Treasure Map-Earth Shrine.png, exception listed below
- Main article: Category:Templates