As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Ruins of the Water God/New Trial of the Water God
Battle Info[edit | edit source]
|Difficulty||Energy||Battle||Gil||Unit XP||Rank XP||Clear Reward|
|Complete the quest||Blue Supercite (5)|
|Evoke Ramuh||4★+ Guaranteed Ticket|
|Evoke Alexander||4 Trust Moogle (ALL 5%)|
|Defeat Leviathan with a limit burst||Blue Supercite (10)|
Boss Guide[edit | edit source]
|ATK||500 + 250|
|MAG||1000 + 500|
|Status Ailment Resistance|
|Vulnerable to ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR break.|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Strike: Physical damage (5x) to one enemy. Decrease DEF/SPR (50%) for 5 turns to one enemy.
- Mow Down: Physical damage (5x) to all enemies.
- Tsunami: Water magic damage (45x) to all enemies. Decrease water resistance (30%) for 3 turns to all enemies.
- Waterja: Water magic damage (30x) to all enemies. (can be sealed)
- Blizzaja: Ice magic damage (30x) to all enemies. (can be sealed)
- Bubble Bomb: Magic damage (7x) to one enemy. Decrease ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (50%) for 2 turns to one enemy.
- Murk: Fixed attack with magic damage.
See the mechanics page. Water magic* damage (40x) to all enemies. Remove one enemy from the fight.
- Stone Gaze: Inflict petrify (100%) to one enemy.
- Sealing Foam: Inflict stop (100%) for 2 turns to all enemies.
- Surrounded by water.: Add water element to physical attacks for 3 turns to all enemies.
- A whirlpool forms around Leviathan.: Mitigate damage taken (99%) for 1 turn to caster. (can be dispelled)
- The whirlpool froze.: Mitigate damage taken (99%) for 1 turn to caster. (can be dispelled)
- The frozen whirlpool shattered!: No effect
Attack Pattern[edit | edit source]
- First turn: A whirlpool forms around Leviathan.
- Turn after whirlpool has been frozen three times:
- The frozen whirlpool shattered!
- Ends Turn
- If whirlpool has not shattered:
- Ice damage dealt last round: The whirlpool froze.
- Otherwise: A whirlpool forms around Leviathan.
- 80% HP and 40% HP
- Surrounded by water.
- Ends turn
- 80% HP and 40% HP
- Every turn under 80% HP: Sealing Foam
- Every turn under 60% HP: Bubble Bomb
- Every turn under 50% HP, or even turns above 50%: Waterja
- Every turn under 50%, or odd turns above 50%: Blizzaja
- Odd turns: Mow Down, Strike
- Even turns: Mow Down, Strike, Mow Down, Stone Gaze
- Remaining actions are normal attacks
Tips[edit | edit source]
- See testimonials and discussions.
- Leviathan will buff itself with damage mitigation (shield) every turn. This can most easily be dealt with the following:
- Dedicated dispel and break unit
- Deal ice damage for 3 turns to permanently break the shield, and lose one unit to Murk
- For normal team:
- If using a magic cover tank and a provoke tank:
- If using a physical cover tank and a provoke tank:
- AoE stop resistance at <80% HP
- For general guidance, it is better to pick the magic tank route with high elemental resistance. This is because the MAG is greater than the ATK (1000 vs. 500) and it is easier to reach a great deal of ice/water resistance and have some decent DEF gear over the rest of the party than having the whole party with a high amount of ice/water and have the right elemental buffer. Also, the first choice needs no companion set-up, which in the other hand will require a specialized ice/water resistant companion.
- Manufacted Nethicite/Celes' Sealing Blade/Rena's silence can be used to seal 1 magic spell (Blizzaja/Waterja).
- If ~35% damage is done every turn, then thresholds can be passed such that the battle is cleared within ~3 turns.
- Mirage-type skills are another avenue for avoiding AoE physical damage.
References[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
To be able to add an external link, you need to contribute by editing 3 or more times.