SBB: Chaotic Darkness
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Reference: Announcement
- Release Date: 7/25/19, 384 days ago.
Battle Info[edit | edit source]
|Difficulty||Energy||Battle||Gil||Unit XP||Rank XP||Clear Reward|
|Complete the quest||100|
|Deal light damage 3 times or more to an enemy||Silver Enlightenment Key (2)|
|Defeat the chaotic darkness with a limit burst||Gold Enlightenment Key (1)|
|Defeat the chaotic darkness' party within 20 turns||1,000|
Quick Summary[edit | edit source]
- Boss uses AoE and ST
- The death can be resisted, and only happens below 20%
- There will be an ailment imperil to every ailment throughout the fight
- Boss uses AoE 75% imperil to water and dark resistance
- There's an AoE dark physical attack that ignores cover, so everyone wants dark resist
- All of the magic water damage can be covered
- Light element damage must be dealt after thresholds to seal some attacks
- Even with proper seals, there will be at least one ST dispel after 50%, and two after 20%
- The boss' shield can be dispelled
Bonus Unit[edit | edit source]
Bonus: 100% increased parameter to all stats, stackable with everything else.
Boss Info[edit | edit source]
|Chaotic Darkness No. 1473|
|ATK||1,200 + 600|
|DEF||937 + 469|
|MAG||875 + 438|
|SPR||690 + 345|
|Status Ailment Resistance|
|Immune to DEF/SPR break. Vulnerable to ATK/MAG break.|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Physical damage (5.5x) to one enemy.
Dark physical damage (11.5x) to all enemies (ignores cover).
Water magic damage (11x) to all enemies. (can be sealed/reflected)
|Immobilizing Green Mist||AoE||Magic|
Dark magic damage (12x) to all enemies. (can be sealed/reflected)
|Blinding Dark Fog||AoE||Magic|
Magic damage (14.67x) to all enemies.
Magic damage (0.5x) as MP drain (50%) to all enemies (ignores cover).
30% HP damage to all enemies. (can be sealed/reflected)
Dark physical* damage (5.25x) to one enemy (ignores provoke).
|Mark of the Night||
Reduce dark resistance (75%) for 3 turns to one enemy.
|Darkness is gathering||
Reduce ATK/MAG (50%) for 3 turns to all enemies.
Remove all buffs and debuffs from one enemy.
Remove all buffs and debuffs from one enemy.
Reduce water and dark resistance (75%) for 3 turns to all enemies.
|Darkness is descending||
Increase MAG (40%) for 3 turns to caster.
|Darkness is permeating||
|Darkness is seething||
|Light has cast away the darkness!||
|It's recoiling from the light!||
Thresholds[edit | edit source]
- 80%, 50%, 20%:
- Note: If multiple are pushed in a single turn, only one goes off.
- Time Suspension
- Darkness is gathering
- Ends Turn
Light Seal Mechanic[edit | edit source]
- Starting at 80% health, Chaotic Darkness must be hit with Light element to disable some special attacks.
- Once Light damage is dealt over the required amount of turns, Chaotic Darkness will be stunned for one turn, and disables this mechanic until the next phase.
- After 80%, above 50%:
- If Light element damage is dealt:
- End Turn and disable this mechanic until 50%
- After 50%, above 20%:
- If Light element damage is dealt on two different turns:
- End Turn and disable this mechanic until 20%
- Below 20%:
- If Light element damage is dealt on three different turns:
- End Turn and disable this mechanic
- These attacks will be dealt in addition to the normal actions of the round until Light damage is dealt across the required amount of turns:
- The first turn attacks can't be prevented after 50%
- The first and second turn attacks can't be prevented after 20%
- The final turn attack will be repeated every turn until disabled with Light element
- These attacks happen as the first actions in the round
|First Turn||Second Turn||Third Turn||Final Attack|
Attack Pattern[edit | edit source]
- 30% chance to counter physical attacks with Mark of the Night (max 1/turn)
- 30% chance to counter magical attacks with Mark of the Night (max 1/turn)
- Maximum of regular 10 actions each turn
- Every 5th turn: Darkstar
- Every 4th turn: Time Suspension
- Every 3rd turn: Abyssal Providence
- On the next non-threshold turn: 60% chance: Blinding Dark Fog, else: Immobilizing Green Mist
- One of these:
- Darkga (33% chance)
- Bioga (33%)
- Waterga (33%)
- Two of these:
- Dark Shot (33% chance)
- Venomous Bite (33%)
- Evil Devourer (33%)
- Below 20%, every 3rd turn: Death
- Remaining actions: Normal Attack
Tips[edit | edit source]
Example Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Example Team used for clearing with all missions:
Everyone wants to reach 175% dark resist after a buff (Beryl can buff by +75%). Wilhelm provokes the ST physical hits, Beryl breaks, Charlotte covers the magic, Folka keeps immunity buffs active on the team.
After thresholds, Folka or Charlotte deal Light element damage for the seal mechanic. For the final 20% the provoker is given re-raise, or death immunity equipment.