Scorn of Tiamat
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Unlock Requirement: Clear Scorn of Gilgamesh
- Reference: Announcement
- Release Date: 3/5/20, 160 days ago.
Battle Info[edit | edit source]
|Difficulty||Energy||Battle||Gil||Unit XP||Rank XP||Clear Reward|
|Complete the quest||Ancient Sword|
|Defeat Tiamat with a limit burst||5 Trust Moogle|
|Evoke an esper||Trust Coin (250)|
|Defeat Tiamat's party within 25 turns||5★ Select Summon Ticket|
Quick Summary[edit | edit source]
- Tiamat will use AoE magic Fire/Ice/Thunder/Wind magic that can be covered
- The Gluttonous Devour is fixed physical AoE ( ignores cover and evade)
- Miasma Breath is a fixed magical dark AoE ( ignores cover) that also applies a DoT
- Venom Fang will ignore provoke and cover, and it has accuracy
- There will be -90% Fire/Ice/Thunder imperils, and -30% Dark imperil
- The only status ailment used is
- Suggested to use someone to provoke other than the magic cover tank, or else Horrific Roar will remove their cover before the magic attacks
- Thresholds will use Inferno Blast on the following turn. Re-raise the team, or buff your fire resist to survive it (don't forget the -90% imperil).
- Horrific Roar: Echo will remove most buffs from all party members at the end of the turn after a threshold, so be sure to rebuff.
Boss Info[edit | edit source]
|Tiamat No. 1601|
|ATK||1,700 + 1,020|
|DEF||2,900 + 1,740|
|MAG||1,750 + 1,050|
|SPR||1,900 + 1,140|
|Status Ailment Resistance|
|Vulnerable to ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR break.|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Thresholds[edit | edit source]
- Engulfed in wind
- Poison Down
- Ends Turn
- 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%: (crossing multiple thresholds will trigger multiple Infernos)
- End of round: Fire magic is being concentrated!
- Next turn, at end of round after regular actions:
- Inferno Blast
- Horrific Roar: Echo
Attack Pattern[edit | edit source]
- If Engulfed in wind is active, and a unit is outside of the battlefield:
- Pulled back in by the wind!
- Two casts: Imbibe
- If HP > 70%, every 4n-1 turns (3, 7, etc): Horrific Roar
- If HP < 70%, every 3n-1 turns (2, 5, etc): Horrific Roar
- 1 or 2 casts:
- Odd turns: Venom Fang
- Even turns: Imbibe
- If HP > 70%, every 3n-1 turns (2, 5, etc): Gluttonous Devour
- If HP < 70%, odd turns: Gluttonous Devour
- One of these, rotating in order:
- Searing Breath (cast twice below 50%)
- Frostbite Breath (cast twice below 50%)
- Shocking Breath (cast twice below 50%)
- Normal Attacks
- End of round:
- If HP > 40%, every 3n-1 turns (2, 5, etc): Poison Down
- If HP < 40%, odd turns: Poison Down
- If Poison Down was used last turn:
- Miasma Breath
- Three rounds after Engulfed in wind was cast:
- The wind has died
- Four rounds after The wind has died was used:
- Engulfed in wind
Tips[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Example Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Example Team used for clearing with all missions:
This team used mostly 4* and below TMR equipment, or event gear. The units used could be swapped out for anyone to fill those same roles.
Everyone was wearing enough Fire resist to reach about 170+ after a buff, and enough Dark resist to reach about 110+ after a buff. The magic tank had 180+ Fire/Ice/Thunder, 100+ Wind/Dark after buffs.
Warrior of Light provoked the ST attacks, imperiled light resist, gave DEF buffs, and physical mitigation.
Lotus Fina did healing, heal over time, resist buffs, and re-raise (for emergencies). She also used her LB for the kill mission.
Charlotte covered, making sure to rebuff each time the Echo dispelled after a threshold. Lid just did breaks every turn.
Xon (with a Light weapon) chained with a friend Xuan Wu (with a Light weapon) each turn.