Scorn of the Demon Chimera
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Difficulty: 6★
- Reference: Announcement
- Release Date: 5/24/18, 779 days ago.
Battle Info[edit | edit source]
|Difficulty||Energy||Battle||Gil||Unit XP||Rank XP||Clear Reward|
|Complete the quest||Force Armor+|
|Defeat demon chimera with magic||5 Trust Moogle|
|Party of 4 or less (Companion included)||Rare Summon Ticket|
|No items||Heavy Chimera|
Boss Info[edit | edit source]
|Demon Chimera No. 142|
|Status Ailment Resistance|
|Immune to ATK/MAG break. Vulnerable to DEF/SPR break.|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Attack Pattern[edit | edit source]
Conditional Attacks[edit | edit source]
- HP Thresholds
- 80% HP Beast's Seal -> Beast's Roar and resumes standard rotation.
- 50% HP Beast's Seal -> Beast's Roar and begins casting Chimera Pupil -> Thunderbolt once per turn in addition to the standard rotation.
- 30% HP Beast's Seal -> Beast's Roar and resumes the previous threshold's rotation
Other Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Casts Venom Breath and Sweep once per turn
- Remaining actions are as follows:
- (33%) Blaze
- (100%) Icestorm or Thunderbolt (50% each)
- (100%) Romp
- (100%) Romp
Tips[edit | edit source]
- See testimonials and discussions.
- Use water, wind, earth, or non-elemental attacks.
- Since most magic attacks are elemental, the Physical Route may be easier.
- Sleep Abuse route
- Chimera can be put to sleep once. It becomes immune to sleep after the first application.
- It will sleep for 3 turns, allowing you to attack for 4 turns. Make sure to attack first before sleeping it.
- Once you put Demon Chimera to sleep, attack it with:
- Physical attacks will wake it up, but you can still use this strategy to give you one extra turn (attack > sleep > attack).
- Toxic Rain will pretty much guarantees sleep to proc.
- Physical Cover Tank route
- Bring a physical cover tank, 1 or 2 damage dealers and the rest as support.
- Allows you to better deal with the thresholds, as Chimera casts a heavy hitting AoE Physical skill (Beast's Seal) and simplifies dealing with Chimera Pupil, as it's a Physical Type Attack.
- Your team will have to handle Blaze, Icestorm and Thunderbolt by themselves, so you need to raise the HP/SPR and fire, ice, and lightning resistance of the whole team
- Your tank will also take heavy damage from Chimera Pupil, as it deals magic damage
- Magic Cover Tank route
- Bring a magic cover tank, 1 or 2 damage dealers and the rest as support
- A properly geared magic tank (ideally with 100% fire/ice/lightning resistances) is able to ward off almost all incoming magic damage on this trial, as all but one ability have an element
- However, your team will have to handle all the physical damage, including Beast's Seal on thresholds.
- Beast's Seal can be dodged with AoE mirage (e.g. Sara's Retreat Command or Illusionist Nichol's LB)
- Threshold route
- The Chimera's threshold actions are predictable and relatively weak: as long as you can survive and heal up after Beast's Seal and have Dispel for Beast's Roar (or can survive Beast's Seal despite the buffs) you're in the clear.
- This requires you to be able to do enough damage to break a threshold (more than 30%) every turn.
- Beast's Seal can be dodged with an AoE mirage or a mirage/evading physical cover tank, so if you can break a threshold every turn and have one you won't take any damage at all. This means Illusionist Nichol can trivialize this fight.
- To do this with 4 you'll probably want two chainers using water, wind or earth; a buffer like Soleil, Maritime Strategist Nichol or a Bard; and a healer or cover tank. You'll want a dispel and, depending on your damage output, you'll likely need a defense/spirit break as well. Neither should be on your damage dealers as you'll need to use both every turn.
- If you are using a bard you may be able to forgo a healer, but be aware that the Chimera does use status ailments during any non threshold turns you have to endure such as if you need to set up elemental enchants.
References[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
To be able to add an external link, you need to contribute by editing 3 or more times.