Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki

We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.

Surging Menace

Surging Menace

Battle Info[edit | edit source]

Energy Battle Gil Unit Exp Rank Exp Clear Reward
25 5 3500 49000 800 Icon-Wizard Rod.pngWizard Rod
Mission
Complete the quest Lapis20
Party of 5 or less (Companion included) Lapis10
Defeat the greater demon with an esper Lapis10
Clear without an ally being KO'd Lapis10
Monster Boss Drop
Metal Gigantuar
Bomb (3)
Balloon (3)
Io
Searcher
Architeuth
Greater Demon Dark Megacryst

General Tips:

Battle 1[edit | edit source]

Name Metal Gigantuar

Metal Gigantuar

Race Plantoid
Level 99
HP 2,100
MP 800
ATK
DEF
MAG
SPR
Element Resistance
Fire Resistance Ice Resistance Lightning Resistance Water Resistance Wind Resistance Earth Resistance Light Resistance Dark Resistance
- - - - - - - -
Status Ailment Resistance
Poison Resistance Blind Resistance Sleep Resistance Silence Resistance Paralysis Resistance Confuse Resistance Disease Resistance Petrification Resistance
null null - null - null null null
Other Resistance
Immune to Gravity and Death.

Uses 2 actions per turn

Abilities:

  • 1000 Needles - Fixed 1000 damage to a single unit.
  • Taunt - Does nothing.
  • Workload x10 - Charge
  • 10000 Needles - Fixed 10000 damage to a single unit.

Tips:

  • Imperil and a Void Vessel will one-shot the Gigantaur.
  • A unit with Throw and an Imperial Grenade will deal a fixed 50000 damage which will also one-shot the Gigantuar.
  • If you have Setzer, he has a good chance of one-shotting the Gigantaur if you use his Double Dice (60% chance) or even his Dice (40% chance) fixed damage abilities.
  • If you have Rikku, she can kill it in two turns by using Synthesis followed by Sunburst.
  • It has extremely high defenses, if you don't have Setzer or Void Vessels, use other items to kill it.
  • All the 200 damage items can be crafted, if you played during the Demons Unleashed event you can craft Void Vessel to kill it in one turn even if you don't have Throw.
  • If you use any ability or item it will trigger Workload x10 and has a chance to immediately follow up with 10000 needles. Auto-potion will trigger this. If you can't kill it in one turn make sure to inflict paralyze or sleep to get one extra turn.
  • Bring it down to 1200 HP with auto-attacks and then finish it in one turn with six consumables.

Battle 2[edit | edit source]

Name Bomb

Bomb

Race Demon
Level 99
HP 30,000
MP 400
ATK
DEF
MAG
SPR
Element Resistance
Fire Resistance Ice Resistance Lightning Resistance Water Resistance Wind Resistance Earth Resistance Light Resistance Dark Resistance
+50% -50% - - - - - -
Status Ailment Resistance
Poison Resistance Blind Resistance Sleep Resistance Silence Resistance Paralysis Resistance Confuse Resistance Disease Resistance Petrification Resistance
- - null null - null - null
Other Resistance
Immune to Gravity and Death.
Name Balloon

Balloon

Race Demon
Level 99
HP 30,000
MP 400
ATK
DEF
MAG
SPR
Element Resistance
Fire Resistance Ice Resistance Lightning Resistance Water Resistance Wind Resistance Earth Resistance Light Resistance Dark Resistance
+50% -50% - - - - - -
Status Ailment Resistance
Poison Resistance Blind Resistance Sleep Resistance Silence Resistance Paralysis Resistance Confuse Resistance Disease Resistance Petrification Resistance
- - null null - null - null
Other Resistance
Immune to Gravity and Death.

Abilities:

  • Red Bombs: Self-Destruct - Deals damage to a single enemy equal to remaining HP and kills self. Used at < 50% HP
  • Green Bombs: Explosion - Deals damage to all enemies equal to remaining HP and kills self. Used at < 50% HP.
  • Fire Breath - Fire magic damage (1.2x) to a single enemy.

Tips:

  • You can easily kill them by chaining AoE magic or abilities
  • If you can't chain AoE to kill them in the first turn use Barfira to lower the damage received
  • Remember not to trigger the explosion, if you can't kill it in a single turn, leave their HP over 50% and finish it in the next turn

Battle 3[edit | edit source]

Name Searcher

Searcher

Race Machina
Level 99
HP 60,000
MP 300
ATK
DEF
MAG
SPR
Element Resistance
Fire Resistance Ice Resistance Lightning Resistance Water Resistance Wind Resistance Earth Resistance Light Resistance Dark Resistance
- - -50% - - - - -
Status Ailment Resistance
Poison Resistance Blind Resistance Sleep Resistance Silence Resistance Paralysis Resistance Confuse Resistance Disease Resistance Petrification Resistance
- - - - - - - null
Other Resistance
Immune to Gravity and Death.

Uses 2 actions per turn

Abilities:

  • Flash: Inflicts blind to all enemies (30%).
  • Repair: Heal to Io.
  • Charge Core: Increase MAG (20%) for 2 turns to Io.
Name Io

Io

Race Machina
Level 99
HP 230,000
MP 600
ATK
DEF
MAG
SPR
Element Resistance
Fire Resistance Ice Resistance Lightning Resistance Water Resistance Wind Resistance Earth Resistance Light Resistance Dark Resistance
- - -50% - +100% +100% - -
Status Ailment Resistance
Poison Resistance Blind Resistance Sleep Resistance Silence Resistance Paralysis Resistance Confuse Resistance Disease Resistance Petrification Resistance
null - null null - null null null
Other Resistance
Immune to Gravity and Death.

Uses 3 actions per turn

Abilities:

  • Plasma: Lightning magic damage (1.2x) and paralyze (40%) to one enemy.
  • Crush: Physical damage (1.3x) to one enemy.
  • Wave Cannon: Physical damage (1.5x) to one enemy.
  • Particle Beam: Physical damage (4x) to all units.
  • Energy supply depleted: Cannot perform action for one turn.

Tips:

  • Kill Searcher first, it can heal Io and every three turns it will buff Io with Charge Core.
  • If Searcher is alive Io will use Particle Beam every three turns.
  • When Searcher is killed, you will have one free turn as Io will only use Energy supply depleted.
  • Chain Thundaga to kill both of them faster.
  • Barthundara can help mitigate the damage from Io's Plasma.
  • You can use blind and paralyze to defeat Io easily.

Battle 4[edit | edit source]

Name Architeuth + Tentacle (x 3)

Architeuth + Tentacle (x 3)

Race Aquatic
Level 99
HP 90000 // 45000
MP 600 // 400
ATK
DEF
MAG
SPR
Element Resistance
Fire Resistance Ice Resistance Lightning Resistance Water Resistance Wind Resistance Earth Resistance Light Resistance Dark Resistance
-50% - -50% - - +50% - -
Status Ailment Resistance
Poison Resistance Blind Resistance Sleep Resistance Silence Resistance Paralysis Resistance Confuse Resistance Disease Resistance Petrification Resistance
- - - - - - - null
Other Resistance
Immune to Gravity and Death.

Uses 1 or 2 actions per turn

Ability:

  • Blizzara - Ice magic damage (1.4x) to all enemies.
  • Watera - Water magic damage (1.4x) to all enemies.
  • Waterga - Water magic damage (1.8x) to all enemies.

Tentacles' abilities:

  • Revitalize - Heals all allies.
  • Ink - Blind (60%) to all enemies.
  • Blizzara - Ice magic damage (1.4x) to all enemies.

Tips:

  • A tentacle will use Revitalize every two turns, Ink every three turns and Blizzara every four turns.
  • One of the easiest ways to kill it is by chaining Firaga or Thundaga.
  • If you defeat the main body all the tentacles will die so focus on killing it.
  • The tentacles can hit very hard. Use Cheer or Protectga if you can't kill it in one turn.
  • Barblizzara and Barwatera can help mitigate the magical damage if needed.

Battle 5[edit | edit source]

Name Greater Demon

Greater Demon

Race Demon
Level 99
HP 280,000
MP 1,000
ATK
DEF
MAG
SPR
Element Resistance
Fire Resistance Ice Resistance Lightning Resistance Water Resistance Wind Resistance Earth Resistance Light Resistance Dark Resistance
- - +20% - - - -50% -
Status Ailment Resistance
Poison Resistance Blind Resistance Sleep Resistance Silence Resistance Paralysis Resistance Confuse Resistance Disease Resistance Petrification Resistance
null +60% null null null null null null
Other Resistance
Immune to Gravity and Death.

Uses 3 - 4 actions per turn.

Abilities:

  • Fira - Fire magic damage (1x) to all enemies.
  • Blizzara - Ice magic damage (1x) to all enemies
  • Thundara - Lightning magic damage (1x) to all enemies
  • Concentrating Magical Power - Will use a strong Firaga, Blizzaga or Thundaga next turn
  • Firaga - Fire magic damage (2.5x) to all enemies
  • Blizzaga - Ice magic damage (2.5x) to all enemies
  • Thundaga - Lightning magic damage (2.5x) to all enemies
  • Graviga - HP damage (75%) to all enemies
  • Dark Wave - Remove all status effects from the caster

Tips:

  • When lower than 70%, 50% and 30% Greater Demon will use Graviga as its only action.
  • The easiest way to kill it is to apply any debuff on him every turn, preferably a break (e.g.: Deprotect) to increase your damage during your turn, and Greater Demon will waste one action for Dark Wave before using his autoattacks.
  • You can cancel the Graviga using Sealing Blade from Celes.
  • Greater Demon can be blinded to avoid the normal attacks.
  • Barfira, Barthundara and Barblizzara will help mitigate its magical damage.
  • If he ever uses his Concentrating Magical Power he will use -ga spells in the next turn, so make sure to Guard or use Carbuncle to reflect the spell back to him.

Videos[edit | edit source]

Username Description Link
FFBE KING Cecil, Vaan, Exdeath, Kefka, Lenna, Lightning (560 ATK) YouTube
guide4gamers Strategy Guide: Celes, Agrias, Kefka, Tellah, Lenna, Lightning (608 ATK) YouTube
FFBE KING Cecil, Vaan, Exdeath, Kefka, Lenna, Lightning YouTube
FFBE Vids Warrior of Light, Lenna, Exdeath, Tellah, Tellah, Lightning (521 ATK) YouTube
Odin181 F2P - No TMR - 5 units only mission - WoL, Cecil, CoD, Refia, 428 ATK Lightning - with notes YouTube
Elegantique 4 Missions Guide (Budget friendly) - Units: Aiden, Cloud of Darkness, Dangerous Ariana, Lasswell, Rain YouTube