Talk:Best places to farm
Sacred Crystal[edit source]
Do we have enough data to know if Chamber of Awakening PRO or INT is better for Sacred Crystals? If it is uncertain, should we put a question mark next to that part so people know the advice is outdated? --PotentPortentPorter (talk) 13:11, 16 October 2016 (EDT)
- INT is better per energy. PRO costs double but does NOT give 2x more consistently (my INTs average 1.5 and PROs 2.25). - Maximum Joe (talk) 15:40, 16 October 2016 (EDT)
- Here's my spreadsheet where I'm keeping track. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ykO9da7p3WecOlvgIYfrTIlE2NZ2mKd3iK7pKK7f02k/edit?usp=sharing --Mavrick (talk) 14:57, 5 December 2016 (EST)
Heaven's Ash[edit source]
Anyone have any Heaven's Ash info? Currently the page lists some options. But every option take a rather long amount of time. Haven't tried Colosseum. Gonna try that next.
I was needing Sacred Crystal and Heaven's Ash and used Chamber of Awakening INT b/c you can get both from there. I got 27 Sacred Crystals and 7 Heaven's ash with about 2 days worth of login every 1.5hrs-3hrs at 30 energy... This was during the event where they gave away from 30 energy per day too. There's gotta be a better way.
Once I got to Kolobos Island, i ended up getting so much heaven's ash i was forced to sell a stack of it because i had over 99 and ran out of material slots. I also got a fair amount from Wolfsfang peak. I didn't keep track of hard numbers of return, but i certainly was getting way more than i needed for awakenings. Cerbius (talk) 21:48, 17 August 2016 (EDT)
You're right... Seems like Kolobos Island give more of these Heaven's Ash than other places. Mainly those blobs Akhkhazu... They drop and you can steal from them. (I'm not far into Kolobos Island yet though.)
What you guys need to do is spend half your time leveling up your Ifrit by farming in Earth Shrine - Exploration for the Red Magicite so you can get him to level 2 and use that level 2 exploration dungeon to level up your ranks so you have more stamina. And the other half of your time you need to finish going through the story quest to get the Lapis to buy more slots. You need a lot more slots in Units, Material, Friend, Equipment, and a few in Item's and Abilities. Friends max out at 130 and you want them to be active. I de-friend them if they are inactive more than 4 days. - Soul
I've added a place I believe was overlooked for heaven's ash, namely wicked peaks - desolate grounds. I've been farming there a bunch today, and I believe the drop rate is around 25% for 11 energy with a chance for multiple drops. Not bad at all - Akumaburn (talk) 11:04, 05 Feb 2019 (GMT+8)
Fire Megacryst[edit source]
I won't actually change it as I'm not sure if the drop rate is higher/lower compared between the two zones but, as far as energy:gather point ratio is concerned, the Forge is technically more energy efficient: 0.38 harvest points per run, compared to 0.3 harvest points per run in Westersands. Obviously if the drop rate is better in Westersands, it's more efficient, but there's currently no drop rate listed on the Westersands page; if anyone has any gather data for it, hopefully they can update it.
Mystic Ore[edit source]
I just want to suggest looking in to "Kol Badlands - West Exit" as recommended farm location. I got about 1 (reliably) and even up to 2 Mystic Ore per run for 7 Energy. --BloodOme
ADDED: Just tried this out, appears to work. 1 run 1 mystic ore. Also i would suggest (but it's far more energy cost) to go to Thunder Summit, got some ores there too. But "Kol Badlands - West Exit" seems the place to go. --Lobituz
Guys, can we add a section for farming gil as we have one for farming units and rank? I mean, the energy cost per gil by dungeon or vortex.
The information on the section Trust / Friendship Point / Gil is useful if you are selling the standard units and we still don't know what's the average gil gain per energy.
- Is there any need for that though? The easiest and fastest way to get gil is selling max level 1 and 2 units, just pull run one vortex and sell them. This is faster and easier if your purpose is gil alone and as you farm content everyone gets to a point that gil is of no concern as you gain a lot more than you use. Even for enhancements in the future the materials to enhance become a bottleneck before gil does - the only time when gil is an issue is your first few weeks, but even then you should farm for rank / exp if anything rather then just keep trying to feed cactuars for the sake of it. With that said, if anyone wants to make a section for it and keep it updated, I honestly won't bother removing, just don't see the point beyond curiosity --Umuzu (talk) 00:15, 6 January 2017 (EST)
Rank, Unit, Gil[edit source]
Do you guys think would be a good idea to consider time in the equation of this sections? Dungeons and Vortex are faster, since you can just let the battle happen automatically, but, explorations take a lot of time to complete getting all the fights you need to maximize the result.
A can see you have very detailed information about explorations like zones, number of fights, gil expected. Maybe you have already the average time and we can just add this information to the page in those sections. --Bdcrt (talk) 15:32, 5 January 2017 (EST)
OK I have to put this in. I have been farming for the rank at the level 2 Esper battles. They give out 500 exp towards your rank and they are easy and fast to go through. They may cost 15 stamina but it saves time. They also count as explorations towards the daily quests. - Soul
On this topic, I think Cactuar Dunes fits the bill for Exp -> Time, albeit with the caveat that it comes with an increasing cost per unit level. Does anyone happen to have a Cost -> Level chart, or does it change based on the unit's leveling schema? SpyderZT (talk) 11:39, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
Best place to farm rank[edit source]
To FencerTJ : Gronoa Shrine Depths - Exploration *IS* available ingame. The fact that there's no page on it yet here doesn't mean we can't say it's the best place to farm rank as of today. Malasglobduk (talk) 08:35, 28 May 2017 (UTC)
- It is very misleading to say that an unavailable exploration is the best place to farm rank experience. Had you added that when Gronoa part 2 were added, which is when that exploration becomes available, then that would be fine. Otherwise there is no good reason to list content that is not available for players of the Global version of FFBE in a place like that. Also, there is no page for that exploration anyways, so you'd just be providing users with a broken link, which isn't very helpful as it is. --FencerTJ (talk) 09:51, 28 May 2017 (UTC)
Light Megacryst and Farplane Soul[edit source]
I would like to suggest adding a section for farming Light Megacryst in Mysidia Tower - Exploration. As well as adding Mysidia Tower - Exploration to the section for Farplane souls. Mysidia Tower - Exploration is a good place to farm because there are high level mats such as Silver ore and Mythril ore and more experience making it a decent place to farm mats in general for higher level players and units. --Rrrof711 (talk) 02:51, 28 June 2017 (UTC)
- Besides anecdotes, you'd have to provide sufficient data about farplane soul relative to the amount of nrg used. Regarding Light Megacrysts, if you see this spreadsheet, it will tell you where is the most effective place to farm. Also most of the things on this page is more about farming for a specific material than for a combination of them. --FencerTJ (talk) 04:48, 28 June 2017 (UTC)
Dragon Fang and Chromatic Ooze[edit source]
DF is a crafting material for Body Boost and CO is needed for various expeditions in mass amounts.