Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
At end of the day, you should still boost his ATK, since only Flask attacks are hybrid and use mag. Also the equation for hybrid attack is: "( (Unit MAG^2 / Enemy SPR) * Skill Modifier * Level Correction + (Unit ATK^2 / Enemy DEF) * Killer Effects * Skill Modifier * Level Correction ) / 2". Since both MAG and ATK are squared in the equation, for example a 500 ATK and 300 MAG Noctis would get greater increase in damage from 10 additional ATK than 10 additional MAG. Of course, it's ideal to boost both ATK and MAG as much as possible, but when there's trade off, go for ATK. 8thSin (talk)
How confident are we about the ranking for Noctis on this page? Famitsu has him as their top ranked 6* character on the Japanese banner, even above the powerhouses like Veritas of the Dark and Onion swordsman. I know the ranking system for this site isn't necessarily the same as what they do on Famitsu, but still something to look at?
- JP noctis has different skills and %s, see here and here, there's no point comparing his performance in JP and in GL. --Umuzu (talk) 15:51, 26 December 2016 (EST)
Does anyone know if his Power of Kings passives stack with Dual Wield the same way Gilgamesh's Weapon Collector does (say, if you equip two Greatswords you get +70% ATK instead of only +35%)? If that is not the case, then it makes little sense to use two weapons of the same type with him, because equipping a Sword and a Greatsword (55%ATK+15%SPR) would give you a greater buff than two Greatswords (35%). Ayugradow (talk) 21:29, 1 January 2017 (EST)
- I just tested this and it DOES NOT stack, as expected. What that means is that even if you don't have Katana Mastery it is still better to Dual Wield Excalibur+Chirijiraden instead of dual Excaliburs. --Ayugradow (talk) 19:26, 11 February 2017 (UTC)
Having a weird moment - Point-Warped memory[edit source]
I am having a weird moment when I'm starting to doubt my own memory... I don't have a Noctis, but I started using a Noctis friend yesterday a lot and used Point-Warp a few dozen times while farming Memories from the Aquapolis for EXP. At the risk of sounding crazy, I could swear that I did the math that Point-Warp regenerates 200 MP but costs 50 for a net of 150 MP gained... and I did this math over and over because I didn't want to use it too soon... but today I'm seeing it regenerate only 85 MP net... now I'm looking at the edit history of this page and of point-warp and see it's been saying 135 since forever... am I crazy? Now the game servers did go down last night since I last did that 150 MP warp... could this have been a bug that they fixed? (i.e. was it supposed to be 135 but it healed 200 MP?) Did anybody else notice that it healed 200 MP previously? Note that it's also possible that not everybody was affected... I play this on Android 4.4.2... Could anybody who reads this just say whether or not they previously noticed point-warp recovering more than 85 MP net? —CodeHydro (talk) 14:09, 13 January 2017 (EST)
- See notes on Point-Warp, it is affected by unit own resistances so number varies. He was probably using diabolos so bonus MP from man-eater --Umuzu (talk) 14:20, 13 January 2017 (EST)
- *Thank you! That explains it all... Whew... I was starting to wonder if I needed to have a doctor check for brain cancer! You're right, my friend had diabolos yesterday and switched to ifirit today. What a relief... —CodeHydro (talk) 14:36, 13 January 2017 (EST)
Description of some moves and effects[edit source]
Ever since the game hit the one year anniversary (so since today), the moves of Point-Warp, Warp Strike, and Warp Decoy have a new part to them that says "enable close quarters Warp Strike for 1 turn". I need to know what exactly this means. Also, it should be updated here on the website. Excalibarsonic (talk) 18:16, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- While the description has changed, the abilities themselves have not yet been changed.--FencerTJ (talk) 04:56, 30 June 2017 (UTC)
So does this mean that they plan on giving Noctis the same ability as the JP bersion, or is it just a glitch? I notice the Jp Noctis has an ability called "Zero Distance Warp Strike". I haven't checked to see what it does yet, but if the GL Noctis is getting it I should probably check to see what it does. Excalibarsonic (talk) 03:37, 1 July 2017 (UTC)