Talk:Season of Mayhem
Anyone may add their own testimonial by editing this page. Please list out your party members and other important information. End your post with a signature by adding
--~~~~ or click on the signature button at the top of the edit box.
If you are replying to a discussion, please indent your reply with
: for easier readability.
- 1 Testimonial 1
- 2 General strategy
- 3 Seasons of Mayhem walkthrough
- 4 Defensive team without provoker but counter chaining works just fine
- 5 Power Creeped
- 6 You can imbue fire with Verun's TMR
Testimonial 1[edit source]
Don't bring fire Hyohs. Fire triggers AoE-dispel counter which negates tank cover. Bring chainsaws.
Dealing with incoming damage: All physical attacks can be covered and evaded. Boss does not attack on round 1, so a WoL can cover then atk/mag break. A guarding passive-draw 600-spirit tank takes about 2500 damage per round in the final phase. (45% mag break on boss; 100% spirit buff, 60% spirit break on tank)
Dealing with stop, statuses, breaks: Zarg can prevent all stops, statuses and most of the breaks, also remove breaks from dps.
Dealing damage: Two elementless Hyohs can chop ~20% HP per round til 30% boss HP remaining. After that. it's slowly chipping away 1~2% HP per round.
Missions: No items: it's a moderately long fight, bring MP regen. Fire damage 3 times: cast fire variants all in one round on a free turn after boss is under 30%. Then no more fire. Kill with magic: bring someone with ultima.
General strategy[edit source]
Don't bring pure fire chainers. Learned that the hard way.
What you need:
- Two non-elemental chainers
- Physical tank
The best chainers are ones that can switch to elemental damage on demand. Onion Knight and 7* Trance Terra are two examples. Bomb Arts has fire imbue. Failing that, any unit with Ifrit will cover the fire damage.
To start, non-elemental chain the boss down below 50%. This will eliminate the fire retaliation dispel. Physical guard, buff, break as needed and you should be safe.
Once you've hit the hard lock 30% threshold, tao the boss with fire damage four times to get rid of the mitigation barrier. Finish chaining and fire off a long cast magic spell fot credit.
- --22.214.171.124 17:52, 28 December 2018 (UTC)
Seasons of Mayhem walkthrough[edit source]
Hello and welcome to the BluEvanescent - where tips and tricks were rarely being seen but effective. And hoooo boy, ya need a hint, right? Well then, you've come to the right place, kid.
|Any unit that can chain||Non-elemental weapon|
|Onion Knight (imo)||Non-elemental weapon (since the SoF will imbue the Fire element)|
|Ayaka/Rikku/LM Fina||High SPR with Breaker ability|
|Any AoE Physical tank||100% Physical evasion|
|Any ST Magic Tank||High SPR (recommended Awakened Rain)|
- On 100%-30% HP, AoE physical tank as well as Provoke Magic Tank. Don't forget to Reraise every turn.
- Under any circumstances, DO NOT hit the boss with Fire until 29% of HP.
- At 29% HP, hit her with Fire elemental 4 times. The reason why I use Onion Knight is because he's useful in case my Physical Chainer/Finisher are out of MP.
- At that moment, 4 turns later after hitting her with fire, her defenses are down. It's your chance to teach her a lesson of pain. Don't forget to inflict her with Magic and do not delay. Spells can be vary, ranging from Ultima to Alterna.
Once you beat her, it's finished! Congratulations, you severely beat a child. Eh, but who cares in anyway. It's just a boss in a temporary event. Perhaps 2 weeks from now, there will be an enemy that is far worse than the last.
Anyways, I hope you did best. This is BluEvanescent and remember,
" Kids these days. "
Defensive team without provoker but counter chaining works just fine[edit source]
Here is the defensive route to glory and red mittens!
My team: Ayaka - for stop treatments and as MP battery Seaside Nichol - for defensive buffs and damage mitigation Wilhelm as breaker (no provoke, no cover) Lucius - physical damage dealer and counters 2xLilith - stat break immunity, damage over time and counters
My strategy: deal most damage with counter chaining of Lilith and Lucius.
I made sure that every team member has had sufficient HP and decent Def/Spr resulting in damage income of about 3-4k in total each round for all units.
Make sure, the resistence to Stop and stat-breaks is always active.
As the others have written already: don't deal fire damage until the foe has hit the hard treshold at 30% HP. Otherwise it will dispel your buffs, reraise, cover and do massive damage afterwards, resulting in potential wipe out of your party.
User: Tomml, rank 163 --126.96.36.199 12:29, 29 December 2018 (UTC)
Power Creeped[edit source]
Basic Idea[edit source]
- The boss has low SPR, so we need element-less magic damage, and Lila fits the roll with Martial Arts - Heaven Shift
- Need a source of fire damage, but no fire damage until less then 30% health
Team Composition[edit source]
- Damage Dealer 1 Lila Element-less Weapons
- Damage Dealer 2 Lila Element-less Weapons
- Provoke Tank Sieghard 100% Passive Provoke + 100% Evade
- Healer Folka Make sure to keep up status resistance and re-raise on the tank
- Breaker Heavenly Technician Lid Break Atk + Mag
- Friend Mediena Wait until the boss has < 30% health and start spamming tripple fire magic
Above 30% health[edit source]
- Just have Lila 1 and 2 spam heaven shift. Even with the bosses damage immunity, they will be eating away at the tree.
- Tank Physical Guards
- Breaker Breaks Atk & Mag
- Folka needs to apply status protection and re-raise on the tank
- Medina can cast helpful stuff, but no fire damage
Under 30% health[edit source]
It may take a few turns before the 95% damage barrier goes away, but Lila destroyed them with it up
You can imbue fire with Verun's TMR[edit source]
If your favorite phys damage dealers don't have a fire imbue, you can give them one by equipping Craftsman Secret Book.