Talk:The Misty Bamboo Forest
Anyone may add their own testimonial by editing this page. Please list out your party members and other important information. End your post with a signature by adding
--~~~~ or click on the signature button at the top of the edit box.
If you are replying to a discussion, please indent your reply with
: for easier readability.
Shortest path seems to be TOP - TOP - TOP - TOP > Boss is on the right side of the map
then leave going LEFT - TOP
If you find the exit before battling the Mermaid, the exploration will count as being completed and unlock the next difficulty. If you find the Mermaid boss room and exit without battling, you will be taken to the room with the exit. Based on my singular run of ADV and PRO. --FencerTJ (talk) 02:17, 30 September 2017 (UTC)
INT/ADV: Story character best suited for this level of exploration is Sakura for increasing Lightning weakness, and exploiting Thundaja's multiplier with Double Black Magic. She joins the party after Part 1 of Mysidia continent. Still, keep her MP full until encountering Mermaid and, focus magic attacks if partying with other Thunder attacks. Elemental chains paired with Spirit/Magic Breaks should keep the encounter at 3 turns or less. Time attack becomes this much more difficult for a one-turn setup, then a full sweep of Repeat abilities. Basis: mitigation of unit acquisition varying. --Matt3x3x3 07:38, 30 September 2017. (UTC)
All Stage Path to mermaid is marked with a fish statue Path to exit is marked with a giant bamboo shoot
Any path you take is random, there is no definite map. Simplest path to Mermaid is enter any path then go back until you meet the marker. e.g. First you take left then you go back and go back again and repeat until you meet fish statue. if you return to start gate take another route like right or top then repeat the method There are 4 type of maze with 3 path exclude the first 3-path maze(A) and 4-path maze(B). If you reached mermaid map you may or may not battle the mermaid. if you take the exit it will lead you to vast map with 2 chest, exit on top, bottom leads you back to maze B. Maze B is random as well
--09:08, 30 September 2017 (UTC)~
I've figured out a theory for the maze. There are exactly SIX maps in the maze, and exactly TWO versions of each map. One version of 2 of the maps lead to exit (has a bamboo shoot hint). One version of 2 of the maps lead to Mermaid (has a fish hint). Both versions of 2 of the other maps do not lead to exit or mermaid.
One version of 3 of the map contains a collection point, totalling 7 altogether (2 from boss room, 2 from exit map, 3 from maze).
Unfortunately, there are no patterns to their exits (any of the exit can lead to any of the other map).
I've been using Xon and Kefka to steal and run respectively. Keeps your encounters fast even when you get them, and Kefka has Thundaga for the battle with the mermaid.
- You can 1 shot her on elite with 3 dps that are 720+ ATK, A 30-45% def break, and 40-50% ATK bonus
Dual cast Thundaga x3 with imperil or stat break, and party +mag buff. Requires 720+ Mag as well.
- Elemental weaknesses stack. So the Raikiri katana (60 dmg + lightning ele) does far more than a weapon with 120 base dmg and no elemental weakness. Remember, the +dmg% is multiplicative, not additive. So 50% + 50% does NOT equal +100% dmg for dw effects.
- Orlandeau or Dark Knight Cecil with DW Excalibur/Durandal and Raikiri/Orichalcum (dagger is DKC only) offhand can do over 2m dmg alone - Base. (Soul Eater +2's debuff adds 50% to the 50% lightning and 50% holy weakness for nearly +100% dmg before aquan killer/stat breaks/imperils are applied.)
INT shortest path is go up, then go left then go right/top then fight mermaid, then left and go up to exit.
Defeat Mermaid bugs
I got around the bugs by answering 'No' the first time before entering the battle. This worked for me and hopefully for everyone else.
reduce encounter %?[edit source]
- "Generally speaking, the game is wrong. We get most of the information from data mining and sometimes gumi doesn't match what an ability does with what it says in-game." --Zyga *crack*
- To further that point, did you really think one of Lasswell's 6* abilities put enemies to sleep?