Vision of Bahamut - Trial
Battle Info[edit | edit source]
|Energy||Battle||Gil||Unit Exp||Rank Exp||Clear Reward|
|Complete the quest||4 Trust Moogle|
|No green magic||10,000|
|Defeat Shadow Bahamut with an esper||King Burst Pot|
|Party of 5 or less (Companion included)||Rare Summon Ticket (2)|
Boss Guide[edit | edit source]
|Status Ailment Resistance|
|Immune to Gravity and Death. Immune to DEF/MAG/SPR break.|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Attack up to 4 times per turn.
- Megaflare: Magic damage (10x) to all enemies
- Megaflare is used after 1 turn delay, indicated by the text "A massive beam of light is forming!"
- First used as a preemptive attack (Charge up before player act, Megaflare on turn 1).
- [Bug] App interruption may cause the charge up to happen after player's actions.
- Used on 40% HP threshold.
- Used every 3 turns after 40% HP threshold, meaning there is a 1 turn gap where it's not charging or firing Megaflare.
- Maelstrom: HP damage (99%) to all enemies
- Used on 50% HP threshold.
- Poison Breath: Inflict poison (50%) to all enemies and magic damage (1.2x) to all enemies
- Used on 70% HP threshold.
- Chance to be used below 50% HP threshold.
- Blaze: Fire magic damage (1.6x) to all enemies
- Earth Shaker: Earth magic damage (1.6x) to all enemies
- Aqua Breath: Water magic damage (1.6x) to all enemies
- Thunderbolt: Lightning magic damage (1.6x) to all enemies
- Icestorm: Ice magic damage (1.6x) to all enemies
- Frost Blast: Ice magic damage (1.8x) to one enemy
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Guard, jump, or hide once Shadow Bahamut is charging its Megaflare.
- Megaflare is non-elemental. Aside from guarding, jumping, or hiding, all you can do is increase and buff your HP/SPR.
- The only physical damage it can do is normal attacks, so DEF and cover is not a priority in this fight.
- Shadow Bahamut's spammable attacks consist of 5 different elements (fire, earth, water, lightning, ice). Use all elements resistance buff like Maries's Love You All, Cloud of Darkness's Omni-Veil, or Tilith's Rainbow Veil.
- Starting from 40% HP onward, Shadow Bahamut will charge its Megaflare while continuing to use other attacks.
- Shadow Bahamut HP cannot drop below 40% on the turn it reaches that threshold.
- [Bug] Based on the AI, Shadow Bahamut will not use Megaflare again if you knock its HP to the 40% threshold on turn multiples of 3 minus 1 (turn 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, ...)
Notable Units[edit | edit source]
Megaflare Damage[edit | edit source]
Note: This is the damage taken while guarding. Double the damage or modifier if you aren't.
Videos[edit | edit source]
- Orlandeau, Orlandeau, Cecil, Refia, Y'shtola
- Odin181's No TMR, No 5* base, Evocation and 5 units missions Guide - Firion, CoD, Refia, Y'shtola, Orlandeau Friend
- 5 Units | No Green Magic | Setzer, Y'shtola, Cecil, Orlandeau, Friend: Orlandeau
- Elegantique's 4 Missions Guide - Units: Luka, Refia, Tilith, Y'shtola, Friend: Orlandeau
- 5 Units | No Green Magic | F2P | No TMR | Luka, Cloud of Darkness, Minfilia, Firion, Y'shtola
- | 5 units | No Green Magic | No friends: Firion, Refia, Cecil, Cod, Y´shtola
- Master Gaming: Esper Kill - Firion, CoD, Minfilia, Marie, Y´shtola, Friend Olive
- All Missions | No TMR | Fryevia, Refia, Luka, Y'shtola, Cloud of Darkness
- 5 Units, no Green Magic: Refia(DC),Cecil,CoD,Freyvia, Friend: Freyvia